Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

#21 Ashlyn's Alphabet - I Feel Pretty


Hi everyone! The weekly challenge this time at the Cricut Circle Blog was to create a layout with a BABY theme - not actually about babies, but this:

B - Brads
A - Aqua
B - Butterfly
Y - You

We were to create a layout with the spotlight on ourselves. When I saw that the colour aqua was to be used I immediately thought of my sister's wedding because her main colour was a sort of aqua colour (I say sort of because Leila insisted that it was not actually aqua, although pretty sure it was...sorry L):-)

I had a certain picture of myself wearing my bridesmaid dress in my mind when I created this layout so I went ahead and put it all together. When I went to print it out, I could not find it on my computer or on any of my discs. Huh? So I had to use this one which unfortunately does not really show the dress at all. And trust me you are missing out on seeing a whole lotta dress since I was two weeks away from my due date and pretty HUGE!

For this layout I used the Ashlyn's Alphabet cartridge:
"I Feel" - cut at 1 1/2"
"Pretty" - cut at 2 1/4"
Butterfly - cut at 3 1/2"
Rectangle frame - cut at 3 3/4"
Crown - cut at 1"
Square note frame - cut at 3 1/2"

I accented the corners of the journaling rectangle with crystal brads and the body of the butterfly with some epoxy brads.
Hope you like it!

3 comments: