Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

#30 Plantin' Schoolbook - Teacher Valentine

Hi everyone! It was exactly one month ago that I announced my goal to use all of my cartridges at least once each this year. I'm already on #30 so as long as I stay on track, I should be able to do this easily! I have purchased 8 more, won 1 and ordered 2 from Cricut Rewards, so that will put my total at 163 - only 133 to go in 11 months!
Anyway, my project for today is a card that I created for the weekly challenge at the Cricut Circle Blog. The challenge was called "Back to the Basics" which meant we were to use only the cartridge that came with our machine. Since I have more than one machine, I wasn't sure which I would go with and decided to choose my favorite machine, which was my first Expression. I bought my E at Walmart in 2008 and it only came with one cartridge - Plantin' Schoolbook. This is my card with a matching envelope:


Here are the cuts I made from the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge:
Card - 6"
Envelope - 6"
Apple - 2 3/4"
Hearts - 1"
Scalloped Border - 1/2"
"teacher" - 1 1/4"
Part of the cut design of the card was a border of holes along the edge so I used pink embroidery thread and some red fiber to stitch in the holes.
Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of using all your Cricut Carts! I don't have near as many as you, I have 20+ carts, but it is a very good challenge. We all have our favorites!
    ~Kim
    P.S. Great Card!

    ReplyDelete