Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

#71 Hello Kitty Font - Go Fly A Kite

Hi everyone! Here is a layout I created for the Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge. In honour of Earth Day, which was last week, the challenge was to create a project while repurposing at least 3 items found in the household.


In my mind, I went through a bunch of different ideas. Should I create a mini album with cereal boxes? A pencil jar from a tin can? A receipt holder from junk mail envelopes? I finally decided that I needed to use my time to work on more scrapbook pages so here is what I came up with.


This is a layout of my daughter flying a kite for the first time on her grandparents' farm.
For my repurposed items I chose:
A cereal box to use as chipboard to cut the base for Hello Kitty and her kite.

String from my kitchen junk drawer for the kite.

Easter basket grass for the bows on the kite string.


Cricut cartridge packaging for the flower accents. I used glossy accents to adhere the plastic to patterned paper cut with the identical shape.


The cricut cartridges/cuts I used are:

Hello Kitty Font - "Go Fly a Kite" (cut at 1.5"), Hello Kitty (cut at 3"), flowers (cut at 1.75")

Boys Will Be Boys - Kite (cut at 3.5")

Storybook - Journalling frame (cut at 4")

George and Basic Shapes - Journalling spot (sized on my Gypsy at 2.75" high and 2.5" wide)

Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. I love hello Kitty, it looks great! Good luck for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH... this is simply adorable... I love the string and ties for the kite... wonderful! :O)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete