Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spooky Tree!

Hi everyone! The challenge this month for the Cricut Circle Magazine was to create a project using Echo Park product with at least 4 cuts from our favorite Cricut cartridge! I have mentioned numerous times before that I have no one favorite cartridge - I am an addict who loves ALL of her cartridges! My favorite is usually what I am in the mood for at the moment. Since I am in Halloween mode, I thought I would choose a Halloween theme and my favorite Halloween cartridge is Happy Hauntings! For Echo Park product I chose the Apothecary Emporium line.


Anyway, I decided to make this 3-D spooky tree from the Happy Hauntings cartridge and I am soooo excited about how it turned out! Love Love Love!!!

The cartridges / cuts I used are:

Happy Hauntings


The tree was cut at 11.5". I cut it from patterned paper, chipboard and black cardstock to make it heavy enough to stand. I used a black paint dabber to finish the edges.


Ornaments - Ghosts (1.25"), Witches (1.25"), Bats (1"), Skeletons (1.5"), Cats (1.25")


Font on Banner - "Spooky" (0.75")


Pumpkin (2.25")


Poison (2")


Birthday Bash




Scalloped Banner Pennants (1.25")


Bloom



Scalloped Circle for Base (9")



George & Basic Shapes




Circle for Base (7.5")









For the grass, it was originally green and I put some in a ziploc, poured in some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam, and rubbed the bag until the grass was thoroughly coated. You can't really tell from the photos, but it is quite sparkly!


All patterned paper used is by Echo Park from the Apothecary Emorium Collection. The banner pennant are stickers from the same collection.


Hope you like it!

3 comments: