Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

#136 Speaking of Fall - Nature Lovers

Hi everyone! Here is a layout I created for the monthly challenge at the Cricut Circle Blog. The challenge was to create a project featuring our favorite thing about fall. I decided to go with leaves! I love the colours of fall leaves and crunching sound they make under your feet.







We also had to add some texture to our projects. First, I stamped on ivory cardstock with versamark using the Tim Holtz leaves stamps in a random pattern all over the cardstock. I then heat embossed the stamped images with clear embossing powder. Next, I used Tim Holtz Distress inks and foam applicator tools to apply several different colours to the background. I had a lot of fun with this process!


The Cricut cartridges / cuts I used on my layout are:


Give a Hoot - Tree (cut at 4.25"), "Nature Lovers" cut at 3.75", Squirrel (cut at 2.25")


Cindy Loo - Blessings (Cut at 1.75")


Speaking of Fall - Leaves (cut at 1.81")


Don Juan - 2010 (cut at 1.13")


I stamped over the squirrel with Perfect Medium using a background stamp by Stampin' Up. I then added gold Perfect Pearls and set it by misting with water.


Other supplies:

Patterned Paper - Close to My Heart


Cardstock - Close to My Heart, Bazzill

2 comments:

  1. Amazing Layout Jenny! I love it, when i first look I though what pretty paper. To think you made it, really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Looking forward to the Sophie hop on Saturday... see you then!

    ReplyDelete