Search This Blog

Sunday, May 27, 2012

TIlda Rainbow Card

Hi everyone!  Hope you are enjoying the weekend so far!  We had some beautiful weather here in Alberta today and I'm really hoping it continues!  After all of the rain we had last week, everything is looking so green!

Here is a card I created to enter in a couple of challenges:

The Magnolia images I used are Water can Tilda and Rainbow Background.  This was my first time masking to make two images into one and I am very happy with how it turned out!  I coloured the image with copic markers.
The background shape was cut from watercolor paper with the Cricut using the Lacy Labels cartridge.  I sprayed it with three different colors of Glimmer Mist.
To make the flowers, I followed a very helpful ribbon rose tutorial on Youtube.  If you would like to watch it click HERE.
Other products used:
Patterned Paper - DCWV
Bling - Recollections
Ribbon - CTMH (sheer), Michaels (satin)
Twine - Twinery

The challenges I am entering my card in are:
Magnolia-licious - using this photo as inspiration:
Ribbon Carousel Blog - Fancy Flowers (creating your own flowers from ribbon, fabric, etc.)

Hope you like it!



4 comments:

  1. Very Pretty, love the ribbon flowers and the twine in the background. The two stamps go together seamlessly, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Jen. Love the scene you've created. This is one of those Tilda that I bought but never got around to colouring...LOL. You've done a beautifully job. Love your roses.
    Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colouring! Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masking Jen! Really cute card.

    ReplyDelete