Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

#163 Martha Stewart All Occasions Cake Art - Minnie Mouse Birthday

Hi everyone ! Here is a card I created for my neice Bentley, who is turning 2 years old next week. She is having a Minnie Mouse themed birthday party and LOVES Minnie Mouse so I'm sure she will love the card!
I created the card for the weekly challenge on the Cricut Circle Blog, which was to create a project using twine in a creative way.
For the card base, I welded two shadow shapes together from the Ornamental Iron 2 cartridge (cut at 5.5"). The scalloped circle from the background is cut from Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art at 4.5". I embossed the circle shape with a Cuttlebug folder from the Once Upon a Princess companion folder set. I used Crystal Effects to glue down some twine around the edge. The balloons were cut from Martha Stewart All Occasion Cake Art at 3.5". I cut the paper strings from them and added twine in it's place. The "B" on the middle balloon was cut at 0.75" from MS Elegant Cake Art. I covered the middle balloon in Crystal Effects. The Minnie Mouse image was created from the Cut and Emboss Minnie Cuttlebug set. I cut and embossed it on white cardstock, then coloured in the image. I used copic markers for the black area, then switched to Stampin' Up! markers for the pink areas. I attached her to the card with Stampin' Dimensional foam pieces. The "2's" in the corners were cut at 0.83", also from MS Elegant Cake Art.  I then added some faux stitching around the edge of the card with Black Soot Distress marker.
Hope you like it!

1 comment: